Education and Training
We strive to empower local communities through annual outreach programs which include:
- A wide spectrum of lectures covering all the medical and dental specialties represented on the team
- Hands-on training in the latest, cutting-edge surgical, anesthesia, nursing, dental, biomedical engineering, nutrition, psychosocial, & speech therapy techniques to local medical and dental staff.
- Enhanced maternal and infant preventative and nutritional programs that are helpful in reducing malnutrition and incidence of cleft deformities & dental caries.
- A perioperative preparation program provides children and adults with education and nutritional information and preoperative medical play for children. It is a goal of GSF to reduce anxiety and normalize the hospital experience for our patients.
- GSF has created the first global pediatric craniofacial dentistry fellowship in collaboration with New York University.
Residents and Fellows
Residents and fellows from top tier U.S. based medical institutions including Brigham & Women Hospital (Harvard Medical School), Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Children’s Hospital Boston, and Tufts Medical Center are selected by their programs to join the GSF teams. These residents and fellows gain further training in management of congenital facial deformities as well as outreach programs.